Grey Wolves are a beautiful creature that still represent the past, wild side that was once the frontier of the Western United States. They are the largest member of the canine family and their coloring ranges from grizzled grey to black and all white. They are a natural wonder to see in the wild and at night, their calls give all who hear the chills of excitement and awe.
Monday, September 16, 2013
Who and What am I?
I am Yukon! An 8 year old Alaskan/Arctic Wolf, and was born into the
Wolf Creek Habitat in Brookville, Indiana, which was started 15 years ago and
is an amazing place for me to live and feel protected and at home. That's me in the background. I love to
meet new people and listen to the howls of my fellow wolves drifting through
the trees on a cool, starry night. Although, one night I heard something
terrible. My whole world was turned upside down. Apparently, there aren't a lot
of me out there, other wolves that is. Why is that? I caught wind that we have
been hunted, for years, decades, centuries, for no reason?! Apparently you
humans think we are scary, evil, blood thirsty beings? Where did you come up
with that? I mean okay, we do eat meat as a primary part of our diet, but come
on now, you humans eat meat too, but you all aren't that scary looking, maybe a
bit ugly, but not scary. We just want to live here in peace alongside you. Tell
me why some of you humans hate us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment