Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Wolf populations and Politics
 This is me meeting the human Tony for the first time!
Yukon again with some more information on my cousins! In the early and mid 1990's Grey Wolves were reintroduced into the Northwestern Rocky Mountains, in areas such as Montana, Wyoming and Idaho. They flourished and the reintroduction was a huge success. We can be seen running through the forests and hill sides now, happy to be protected under the Endangered Species Act. Although, I have caught wind that we have lost this protection from your government due to the act the wolves have flourished and regained a population around 1,000. Starting September 30th, the wolf populations will be managed by the states separately, for the states to do as they please with them. Since this act has been discontinued, I am afraid my cousins will all be hunted to small numbers again, and to become endangered once again. I would be so upset if I hear that.
This is a distribution map of the populations of Grey Wolf currently.
The website below has more information on populations and politics of the Grey Wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment